When someone you love is in the hospital, it’s important to show them how much you care and encourage them. A great way to do this is with a card, gift or beautiful bouquet of flowers. Flowers are particularly excellent gifts because they are proven to lift spirits, put smiles on faces and increase happiness for longer periods of time. But with so many flowers to choose from, the decision to send flowers can be overwhelming.
The floral designers at Kitty’s Flowers are here to help you break down the process of sending get well flowers. Learn about best practices, what your flowers will mean to your recipient and things you should ask before sending flowers to a hospital. Let us help you send the best get-well flowers.
Show You Care With Get-Well Flowers
Sending flowers when someone is hospitalized is a lovely gesture. But there are a few things to consider before doing so. Read these tips as you choose which flowers to send.
- Choose flowers that are long-lasting and low-maintenance. Plants and flowers that will withstand the test of time are an excellent choice for get-well blooms because the patient can take them home with them after their hospital stay. Low-maintenance designs like our Simply Succulent will give your recipient more time and energy to focus on recovery.
- Choose flowers that are allergy-free. Not everyone loves the scent of fresh flowers and some may even be allergy-prone. Choose hypoallergenic or non-odorous flowers like the orchids in our Victorian Gardens Bouquet to keep your loved one’s hospital room allergen-free.
- Choose flowers that are bright and happy. Cheerful, colorful blooms will not just lift up your loved one’s spirits. They will dress up any drab hospital room. Send something happy and full of color like our Be Happy Bouquet in a smiley face mug to encourage your recipient to get well quickly.
- Choose flowers that come in durable containers. While glass and other fragile containers are beautiful they can also be a hazard in a busy hospital room. Opt for containers like the basket in our 10” Dish Garden that are more durable in case your arrangement is bumped, moved or knocked over during their hospital stay.
- Choose flowers in smaller arrangements. Hospitals are cramped, tight spaces and a smaller, more compact design is a better option for get-well flowers. Plus, your recipient will have an easier time bringing home a smaller arrangement.
Simply Succulent Design
Be Happy Bouquet
10″ Dish Garden
Send a Meaningful Message with Flowers
Did you know that flowers can convey multiple meanings depending on the color and variety of your blooms? You can send a special message to your recipient based on the flower you choose. Here is a list of some of the more popular get-well flowers and the meanings behind them. Our Bright Smiles and Pink Elegant Expression Bouquets features many of these meaningful varieties.
- Daisies: Happy, cheerful flowers, these symmetrical flowers represent anything positive or optimistic.
- Hydrangea: Fresh and full, these clouds of pastel colors symbolize perseverance.
- Roses: These classic beauties symbolize different sentiments according to their colors. Yellow is a particularly friendly hue that symbolizes promise, new beginnings and hope.
- Delphinium: Tall stalks with colorful petals, these sentinels of floral arrangements represent protection and positivity.
- Lilies: For centuries these trumpet-shaped blossoms have symbolized life and good fortune.
- Heather: This low-growing blooming plant is characterized by its dark blue or purple blooms and symbolizes good luck and protection.
Bright Smiles Bouquet
Pink Elegant Expressions Bouquet
Be sure to communicate with your local hospital about their preferred delivery times and which floors accept flower deliveries. Once you know this information, relay it to your florist when you order your flowers. Don’t forget to let them know the full name and address of your hospital as well as the full name and address of the name and room number of your recipient. From there, Kitty’s Flowers will do the rest. We’re happy to deliver our fresh, beautiful blooms to any friend or loved one and help them get well quickly.