One of the best ways to enjoy a new season is by decorating for it. When you decorate in keeping with the style and feel of a season, you embrace the change that comes with it and eagerly anticipate the beauty that is unique to that season. Fall is no exception, and might even be one of the most fun to decorate for, since there are so many natural elements available in the fall season to use as you decorate.
The floral designers at Kitty’s Flowers bring you some great tips and ideas about how to design a beautiful home, specifically your front porch, for fall so that you, your friends and family, and even your neighbors begin to feel fall all around. Take a look at some of these great ideas, starting with why it’s so important to embrace the new season.
A Few Good Reasons To Decorate for Fall
Mums and Pumpkins
Adding decor to your front porch as each new season approaches brings a sense of festivity and change that’s simply good for the soul. We find the act of decorating your porch to have other important benefits as well.
- Inspire Your Neighbors: Once you decorate your front porch, be ready to chat with neighbors about how they, too, can update their home’s look for fall. Sharing tips and even decorations is a great way to build relationships with your neighbors. Send them a beautiful Chrysanthemum Plant or croton to help get them started on their own decorating adventure.
- Have a Welcoming Entrance: When friends and family visit your home, your porch will be the first welcome they meet, before they even walk inside. Make sure you surround them with gorgeous fall blooms like sunflowers and lavender, as well as bright pumpkins and authentic Indian corn to make them feel at home.
- Enjoy a Quick Makeover: Even when you can’t do a complete remodel on your home, a few fresh pots of blooming plants and rustic fall accoutrements will make the appearance of your home feel new again.
- Prepare for the Holidays: When we start to see fall decorations around town, the anticipation of the approaching holidays sets in. Help everyone who passes by get excited for the upcoming holiday season when you decorate your front porch for fall.
Choose Festive Fall Containers
Bright Fall Containers
The pots, baskets and barrels you choose for displaying your gorgeous fall flowers will have a big impact on your overall look. Choose rustic, earthy materials for a harvest-ready front porch this fall. Here are some fun options to consider:
- Watering Can: Place tall stalks of sunflowers in water cans on windowsills or front porch steps for a sunny welcome to fall.
- Wagon: A little red wagon brings back memories of childhood visits to the farm. Fill yours with your collection of pumpkins and gourds, or design pots of daisies or petunias inside.
- Buckets: Wooden buckets make great planters for mums or Russian sage. They can also display piles of apples or pinecones for a festive fall look.
- Wooden Crates: Apple crates turned on their sides or upside down make great pedestals for displaying fall flowers. Stack a few crates at different angles to create frames for mini-pumpkins, dried corn, or succulents.
Find Fresh Fall Inspiration in Nature
Adding a few unexpected touches to your porch’s fall display will bring a sense of creativity and liveliness to the entire scene. Here are a few examples to think about, or be inspired to create your own designs!
- Wreaths: Front door wreaths are a fast, easy update for any new season. Choose something made from dried corn, mini pumpkins, or cotton for a delightful fall design. Wooden signs within the wreath, or fall fabrics like burlap make great accents, too.
- Garland: Drape a long, lush green garland around the frame of your front door for a woodsy autumn feel. Lace fall ribbon or twine among the boughs for a more rustic, less holiday look.
- Painted Pumpkins: Instead of carving pumpkins, make them last longer by painting them! Choose a color scheme to stick with and create elaborate designs, or pair painted pumpkins with other fall colors on your porch.
- Fabrics: Along with beautiful fall flowers and rich textures, add fabrics like floor mats, throw pillows and blankets on your porch furniture to tie the entire look together. You’ll be cozied up with a cup of hot cocoa, enjoying a cool fall evening in no time.
The list of fall decorating possibilities is endless. It’s up to you to choose a few creative ideas to update your home’s look for fall. Send beautiful fall flowers to friends and loved ones to help them get started on their fall porches, as well. For more great ideas or tips about decorating for fall, talk to the professionals at Kitty’s Flowers. We’re here to help you make the most of your fall season.